Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Poetry - Finished - Forget

Forget. You're back inside your shelter.

Forget. Erase her from your mind.

Forget her; she'll no longer matter,

Forget and leave it all behind.

Forget. I can't forget. She's there.

Forget. I've no idea how.

Forget. I won't forget, I swear.

Forget. I want her here and now.

Forget. You have a life… the other.

Forget. What's done can't be undone.

Forget. You'll be a wife, a mother.

Forget. I know that she's the one.

Forget. Stop looking for a warning.

Forget. Stop searching for a sign.

Forget. I knew that very morning.

Forget. I thought, "You will be mine."

Forget. Too late, my heart she's stolen.

Forget. "I want…" came from above,

Forget. "…to be yours." And I've fallen.

Forget. Head over hills, in love.

Forget. You've so much life ahead you.

Forget. To love, to fear, to die.

Forget. I really wish I had her.

Forget. I'm nothing but a lie...

No comments: