Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Poetry - Draft - Dreams Awake

You're asking me what keeps me up at night –

It's your light.

But it's the same thing that keeps me alive –

And leaves me astray.

Why do I need a connection to you –

When it drives me away.

And how does it bring me back to the top –

When I dive?

When do I stop? –

What do I do?

I swallow salty smiles at their disguise –

To my surprise

You help to pull me away from myself –

Who gave you the right?

If you want your misery gather to party –

I'll be there in spite.

Had you decided how you want to it to finish –

I'd be back on the shelf.

This book is finished –

…Or has it even started?

Don't be like that, be like the rising sun –

Not the one

That darkens dreams, as the moon being solemn –

It's not you in the end

Who caused this system to break –

I'll just pretend

That I hate the night and you love the day –

You have stolen

My only way –

I'm awake.



No comments: