Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Poetry - Draft - Clownette

Life's a theater, and we're all a part

Of this awesome production onstage.

We've been given our lines from the start,

Feigning love, joy, sadness and rage.

Is there any emotion that's real?

If I found it, I'd want to reverse it.

Mine's not totally true or ideal,

But I know, it is totally worth it.

I'm just playing my part, of a clown,

And she's falling deeper and better;

When I try to stop her, she breaks down.

I can't take it, and so I let her.

I'm just here to entertain

Any thought, any sort of a meaning.

An epitome of insane

Is, as long as she loves, keep on living –

In this cruel presumptuous world

Looking down on all that is pure.

To be daring, emotional, bold,

Be so open and non-obscure

In the poetry of truth and emotion

Everlasting, ever-changing,

Life of transience, feelings of motion,

So empathic and so non-avenging.

As long as she loves me, I'm cured

I don't try to do anything stupid,

I'm not scared; I'm not insecure,

So I don't try to mess with the Cupid.

All in all, she's what's left of my heart.

But you know what's so totally strange?

People tend to grow so much further apart

When kept at a closer range.

No comments: